The R. David Thomas Center is comprised of more than 15,000 square feet of function space with dedicated meeting rooms and break-out rooms, plus luxury guest rooms adjacent to six private lounges each with fully-stocked kitchenettes.
- Convenient Complete Meeting Package (CMP) rates for day and overnight meetings are available. CMP pricing offers an economical, all-inclusive per-day rate for meetings, accommodations and meals. Golf packages are also available for groups who wish to play the Duke University Golf Club’s championship 18-hole course, designed by Robert Trent Jones.
Our checklist of services and meeting options includes:
- Our Durham conference center is equipped with 15,193 square feet of meeting space with 30 dedicated conference rooms and breakout rooms accommodating groups from 6 to 65A dedicated professional conference planner
- Multimedia, videoconferencing, wireless Internet, computers and computer projection
- In-house audiovisual consultants
- Outdoor teambuilding areas
- On-site fitness center
- Adjacent to the championship Duke University Golf Club
- Executive Dining Room
- Private full-service food & beverage breaks for each individual group
- Complimentary local transportation
- 111 private guest rooms, 2 executive suites and six lounge/kitchenette areas. Please view our Duke university hotel
Planning a meeting?
Phone: 919.660.6198 or
The R. David Thomas Center includes two forum-style classrooms: Executive and Glaxo Wellcome. Each of these 65-seat rooms span 1,764 square feet (164 square meters) and include a host of built-in audiovisual systems.
Each of our 30 meeting rooms offer conference basics such as: white boards and flip charts, VCRs, overhead projectors/document cameras and large-screen monitors. Wireless microphones, laser pointers, computer projectors and full on-line access are available in all function areas, as well. On-site technical support and dedicated planning professionals are always on hand to ensure a flawless meeting.